Vision, Values and Giving Back
Those who work at the RAS identify with our Vision & Values, which are often a primary driver in employee engagement. The RAS is not like anywhere else, it has a mission focus and those who work here find meaning in what they do because of who we are.
Our Vision is for:
- A community that understands and values sustainable Australian agriculture and award-quality produce.
Our Mission is to:
Forge the future of agriculture by:
- Engaging, educating and entertaining our community on the value of sustainable agriculture and quality produce through events which support agricultural excellence and innovation
- Improving the quality of agricultural produce and animal breeds through competitions.
- Respect: Respect for self, team and community
- Ownership: Personal commitment, accountability and collaboration
- Achievement: Working together to achieve our goals
- Honouring our past: Pride in our history and achievements
- Embracing our future: Adapting to and augmenting the changing world around us
The RAS has its finger on the pulse of Australian agriculture and continues to drive it forward.
The RAS invests over $9 million annually in competitions and programs that support sustainable agricultural development and educate the community about food, fibre and farming.
The RAS also has a charitable arm of the business, the RAS Foundation (RASF). The RASF aims to build strong, vibrant rural communities in NSW through investment in education, training and skills development by providing grants and scholarships. These grants and scholarships support rural and regional Australia. To date, the Foundation has distributed over 470 scholarships and in excess of 110 community grants. The RASF also receives donations from individuals, corporates and foundations.