Sydney Royal Wine Professional Development Scholarship
About the Scholarship
The Sydney Royal Wine Show, established in 1826, is one of the most prestigious wine shows in Australia, annually attracting over 2200 entries from more than 350 producers across Australia.
The Sydney Royal Wine Committee together with the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW Foundation (RASF), offers two scholarship programs. The Sydney Royal Wine Study Scholarship and the Sydney Royal Wine Professional Development Scholarship (previously known as the Sydney Royal Wine Assessment Scholarship). These scholarships are funded from the sale of excess stock from the Sydney Royal Wine Show.
The Sydney Royal Wine Professional Development Scholarships are supported by the Sydney Royal Wine Committee and in 2021 The Len Evans Tutorial Foundation will also support a scholar to attend the Advanced Wine Assessment Course (AWAC) by the Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI).
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage and support professionals who are passionate about wine and committed to forging careers that will contribute to the Australian wine industry.
Applicants can apply for a Sydney Royal Wine Professional Development Scholarship to fund courses such as:
- Australian Wine Research Institute's (AWRI) Advanced Wine Assessment Course (AWAC)
- AWRI Advanced Viticulture course
- WSET courses
- Wine service (including Sommelier) courses
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Applicants must be employed in the Australian wine industry or engaged in study in a related course.
- Applicants should be available to attend the Sydney Royal Wine Show.
What scholarships are available?
Scholarships of up to $6000 are available depending on the professional development course chosen.
Applications for the 2021 Sydney Royal Wine Professional Development Scholarship are now closed.