About the Show
The National Poultry Show, held by the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW is the premier poultry show in Australia and the largest poultry show in the Southern Hemisphere.
The National Poultry Show is held every four years on the NSW Queen's Birthday Long Weekend in June at Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park. The Show is known as the "Chicken Olympics", falling in line with the Summer Olympics.
The 2016 National Poultry Show saw over 5,200 birds travelling from across Australia, all competing for the top prizes. With over 4500 people visiting the Show, it is huge spectacle that connects the poultry community and general public alike.
The event captures all facets of exhibition poultry and poultry breeding. The Show sees competition from top Australian breeders to backyard fanciers, plus provides an opportunity for school students and general public to learn both about exhibition poultry and where their food comes from.
The National Poultry Show offers a:
- Complete schedule of Australian Poultry Standards of Perfection classes, including exhibition eggs, plus classes for rare breeds and developmental showcases.
- Australia's largest and most anticipated auction and sales catalogues from Australia's top poultry breeders
- Wide-ranging program for School and Youth competitors including School and Junior classes, an Education Program plus Teacher Professional Development programs
- a Judging and Exhibiting development program to support those taking the next steps in the poultry fancy
- Trade stalls, innovation displays and sponsor giveaways
More details will be released over the coming months, please sign up to our database via email@example.com to stay informed.
We look forward to hosting you at the next National Poultry Show here at Sydney Showground.