Skip to main content

This browser is not supported. Please upgrade your browser.


;

Search by Section

Search by Trophy / Winner

Sorry, no results

Please refine your search

Abington Tray Perpetual Trophy

Hecworth silver-plated tray of rectangular form with a gadrooned border and foliate embossed handles.

Hecworth silver-plated tray of rectangular form with a gadrooned border and foliate embossed handles.

Awarded For: Awarded to the winning two Angus bulls not over 24 months.

Donated By: The Abington Tray commemorates the wonderful service to the Aberdeen Angus cattle breed rendered by Norman L Forster of Abington Stud at Armidale, who died on 14th November 1949. Abington Stud records go back to Volume 1 of the Australian Angus Herd Books published in 1922 and Norman Forster served as President of the Angus Society from 1939 to 1941. The Abington cattle have been and are still a prominent herd in Australian Angus. Donated by the Estate of the late Norman L Foster of "Abington, Armidale and first presented in 1950.

There was a problem loading more information. Please try again later.

Loading... Loading...

Liquorland Perpetual Trophy

Whitehill crystal claret jug with silver-plated mounts embossed with scrolls and foliage and with a female mask embossed spout, raised on a circular tiered timber plinth base with a rosewood finish.

Whitehill crystal claret jug with silver-plated mounts embossed with scrolls and foliage and with a female mask embossed spout, raised on a circular tiered timber plinth base with a rosewood finish.

Awarded For: Awarded for best White Blend.

Donated By: Donated by Liquorland and first presented in 1986. Liquorland is an Australian retail chain owned by Coles/Wesfarmers since 1981. Until 2014 this trophy was awarded for large Volume White Wine and had previously been awarded to the best Wine exhibited in the Varietal Wine Classes.

There was a problem loading more information. Please try again later.

Loading... Loading...

FL Bragg Perpetual Trophy

9 ct gold twin handled cup with a star and oval embossed rim, raised on a timber plinth. Made by Angus and Coote.

9 ct gold twin handled cup with a star and oval embossed rim, raised on a timber plinth. Made by Angus and Coote.

Awarded For: Awarded for Best Pony competing in the Polo Teams Challenge.

Donated By: Donated by Mr FL Bragg, Aberdeen NSW. FL Bragg was the father of former RAS President Mr AW Bragg and a well-known polo player. First presented in 1970.

There was a problem loading more information. Please try again later.

Loading... Loading...

Widden Stud Perpetual Trophy

Cold cast bronze figure of a horse wearing a saddle and harness, by Mary Pinsent, 67/500, raised on a timber plinth base.

Cold cast bronze figure of a horse wearing a saddle and harness, by Mary Pinsent, 67/500, raised on a timber plinth base.

Awarded For: Awarded for Best Thoroughbred Exhibit.

Donated By: Donated by the Thompson family and fist presented in 1991. William Barber Thompson and his son John established Widden Stud in 1867. Widden Stud is the longest running Thoroughbred Stud in the world continuously owned by one family and is presently in its seventh generation of Thompson family ownership. As Australian racing has flourished, so too has Widden. Widden had produced many winners over the years including Eurhythmic, Malt King, Reading, and more recently Tristanagh, Snowing and Belle Chanson.

There was a problem loading more information. Please try again later.

Loading... Loading...

Maurice Gordon Memorial Perpetual Trophy

Silver-plated twin handled cup with scroll handles, raised on a timber base.

Silver-plated twin handled cup with scroll handles, raised on a timber base.

Awarded For: Awarded for Most Successful Boy Rider in Group B Jumping Contests.

Donated By: Donated by Mr & Mrs D Gordon and first presented in 1952.

There was a problem loading more information. Please try again later.

Loading... Loading...

Dr Gilbert Phillips Memorial Trophy

A twin-handled tray plated rectangular salver with a gadrooned, shell and foliate cast edge and foliate cast handles, maker Barker Ellis, circa 1956.

A twin-handled tray plated rectangular salver with a gadrooned, shell and foliate cast edge and foliate cast handles, maker Barker Ellis, circa 1956.

Awarded For: Awarded for best Red Wine.

Donated By: Donated by the Wine Society and first presented in 1956. Gilbert Edward Phillips (1904-1952) was a neurosurgeon and wine connoisseur. He was founder and president of the Wine and Food Society of New South Wales. He had been impressed by the activities of a co-operative wine-buying society which he had seen in London. On his return to Sydney, he established the Australian Wine Consumers' Co-operative Society Ltd. The trophy was originally quasi-perpetual and won outright if won three times consecutively or five times in all. It became a Perpetual in 1987 and The Wine Society requested that all previous winners be engraved on the reverse of the new tray, a replica of the original trophy. Winners of the following trophies are eligible: Best Rosé, Best Pinot Noir, Best Cabernet Sauvignon, Best Cabernet Dominant Blend or Shiraz Dominant Blend, Best Shiraz, Best Other Red Varietal and Best Other Red Blend.

There was a problem loading more information. Please try again later.

Loading... Loading...

Tucker Seabrook Perpetual Trophy

William IV silver gilt wine cooler and cover, London 1831, of twin handled campana form, the body richly embossed with a band of fruiting vine and acanthus leaves to the base, the scroll handles decorated with applied grape and vine, the lid adorned with applied acanthus leaves and acanthus leaf knop, raised on a circular plinth. Retailed by Garrard & Co, Regent Street, London, the Crown Jewellers, the Trophy was manufactured by silversmith Jonathan Hayne who ran an extensive and flourishing business in London. In 1843 Hayne crowned a successful career, being elected Prime Warden of the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths. The design is in keeping with the fine wine and brandy industry. The chased band of fruiting vines and elegantly trailing bunches of grapes on the handles are a reminder that wines and spirits have been enjoyed for centuries.

William IV silver gilt wine cooler and cover, London 1831, of twin handled campana form, the body richly embossed with a band of fruiting vine and acanthus leaves to the base, the scroll handles decorated with applied grape and vine, the lid adorned with applied acanthus leaves and acanthus leaf knop, raised on a circular plinth. Retailed by Garrard & Co, Regent Street, London, the Crown Jewellers, the Trophy was manufactured by silversmith Jonathan Hayne who ran an extensive and flourishing business in London. In 1843 Hayne crowned a successful career, being elected Prime Warden of the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths. The design is in keeping with the fine wine and brandy industry. The chased band of fruiting vines and elegantly trailing bunches of grapes on the handles are a reminder that wines and spirits have been enjoyed for centuries.

Awarded For: Awarded to the Exhibitor of the best State Wine Show Wine exhibited at major State Wine Shows within the twelve months preceding judging.

Donated By: Donated by Tucker Seabrook (Aust) P/L, from 2010 to 2016 the trophy was known as the Fine Wine Partners Perpetual Trophy. It was established as a joint venture between Tucker Seabrook and the Lion Nathan Wine Group. The trophy was first presented in 1988 to mark the 150th Anniversary of the Company. Awarded to the Exhibitor of the best State Wine Show Wine exhibited at major State Wine Shows within the twelve months preceding judging. To be eligible for judging at the KPMG Sydney Royal Wine Show, the entry must have been selected by the Chairman of the Judging Panel of the respective Royal Show as the most successful wine of the Show. There will be a maximum of 7 entries and Exhibits may be either red or white. Wines entered in previous years that have won the trophy are NOT eligible.

There was a problem loading more information. Please try again later.

Loading... Loading...

Dr Pat Woodhouse Perpetual Trophy

A sterling silver twin handled trophy cup, raised on a wooden plinth. Maker probably WJ Sanders of Sydney.

A sterling silver twin handled trophy cup, raised on a wooden plinth. Maker probably WJ Sanders of Sydney.

Awarded For: Awarded to the Best Burmese Cat in Ring 1.

Donated By: The trophy commemorates Dr Pat Woodhouse's valuable contribution to the Cat Fancy, both as a breeder of quality Burmese, and as a member of the Management Committee. Pat was a zoologist, and she gave generous time to the Committee's concern with genetic and feline health matters. Pat Woodhouse had a particular interest in lilac and cream Burmese and bred many top specimens under her prefix, Scarva. Donated by RAS Cat Control and Consultative Committee and first presented in 1988. Until 2014 this trophy was alternately awarded for best Burmese Male Cat and best Burmese Female Cat. From 2014 this trophy was alternately awarded to best Burmese Cat and Best Burmese Kitten in Ring 1. From 2017 the trophy no longer alternates between Cat and Kitten.

There was a problem loading more information. Please try again later.

Loading... Loading...
Loading...

There was a problem loading some of information on this page. Please try again later.