How to shoot your garden
Posted on : 01 October 2020
Ready… aim… click!
The best time to photograph any garden is sunrise or sunset and with daylight savings kicking off this long weekend it’s perfect timing to capture your garden in all its glorious photographic glory!
You don’t need fancy equipment or training, just a love for your garden and a desire to show us how it has grown.
- Pick up your camera or smart phone
- Choose your favourite spot in the garden
- Don’t use a flash – it disturbs the flowers
- Make sure the hose is coiled, rubbish is cleared away, nothing in the background can detract from your beautiful garden
- Don’t stop shooting – take as many photos as you can and you’ll be spoilt for choice
- Make sure your photos are in focus.
- Two high resolution colour digital images are required with your entry - so choose your favourite two spots in your garden and ensure your photos capture as much of your beautiful garden as possible.
- Keep it real, we want to see your garden, not an idealised or over-styled unrealistic one