Bring some sizzle home
Posted on : 05 October 2018
It may be a time-honoured tradition to go for a sausage sanga at Bunnings on the weekend, but this week change your plans and snag one of the top 5 sausages from the Gourmet Sausage class at the Sydney Royal Smallgoods & Charcuterie Competition.
Traditional flavours took top points from the Sydney Royal judges, with Beef Chevapchichi – skinless sausages – picking up 84 points, and a French Toulouse sausage – lean and belly pork mince – scoring 80.33 points. Taking the tastebuds a little left of field, a Texas Beef, Pork and Cheese sausage sat in the top 5 alongside Fresh Chorizo and Bavarian Bratwurst.
1. Olga’s Fine Foods, Beef Chevapchichi 84.00
2. Andrews Meat Industries, AMI French Toulouse Sausage Thick 80.33
3. Barossa Fine Foods, Fresh Chorizo 79.33
4. Olga’s Fine Foods, Texas Beef, Pork and Cheese Sausages 79.00
5. Andrews Meat Industries, AMI Bavarian Bratwurst Sausage 78.67
Discover all the Sydney Royal Smallgood and Charcuterie winners here.