Finalists undergo an independent review of their business model to assess their social, commerical and environmental integrity. It’s this triple bottom line review that makes the President’s Medal award the most unique and prestigious in the country.
Competitors can be assured of unbiased, expert and ethical judging - the hallmarks of any Sydney Royal competition. Ed Halmagyi, whose culinary career spans more than 20 years and two continents, and Michael Bullen, whose extensive career at the NSW Department of Primary Industries, have been selected based on their knowledge and expertise of sustainable food and beverage product.
Judging will take place from October 2018 to April 2019 through a series of different stages:
- Nominees are contacted and requested to complete an online questionnaire early-mid October 2018
- Nominees will then conduct a video interview with the President’s Medal Judges late October 2018
- The President’s Medal Judges will deliberate and determine a shortlist of up to six (6) Finalists who will be notified early November 2018
- The President’s Medal Judges will conduct on-site tours of each of the Finalists premises early December 2018
- Market Acceptance Judging will take place February 2019 (this is a closed judging session)
- All Finalists will be recognised and the Winner announced at the Award Presentation which will take place on the evening of Wednesday 17 April 2019
Prizes for this competition include $10,000 cash and the opportunity to activate a pop up stand/stall within the coveted Dome during the 2020 Sydney Royal Easter Show (3 - 14 April 2020)