Changes to Members' areas for the 2021 Show
Through the planning process and in line with the current COVID Safe guidelines, which are regularly reviewed by NSW Health, the following points set out some minor operational changes you will experience in the Members Stand at the 2021 Show.
- The Members Stand will operate to a capacity of 1 person per 4 square metres with social distancing of 1.5 metres.
- The Members Stand will only be accessible to fully paid members of the RAS and their permanent guest card holders. Admittance will not be granted to anyone that does not hold a financial membership card. One Day Royals and Members Reserve wristbands will not be available to purchase for family or friends.
- Entry will be provided to Members via display of their Member Card and photo ID.
- The only entry/exit point to the Members stand will be via the concourse doors. The external member’s entry points on the Main Arena concourse will not be accessible.
- Based on the operating capacity of the Hordern Café, Members will be requested to spend no longer than 1.5 hours within the café and must purchase food and beverages from the cafe. This is to enable as many Members as possible to enjoy this space. Unfortunately, this also means that the President’s High Tea will not be held in 2021.
- Patrons in the Members Bar must be seated.
- Reservations will be essential for the Charley Dining room and bookings are now open.
- Dinner bookings in the Charley Dining Room are also for 1.5 hours. Anyone who has not made a reservation but presents on the day at the Charley Dining room will need to be prepared to provide their full name and contact details prior to being taken to a table.
To ensure the Members Stand is available to RAS Members, we have had to suspend reciprocal privileges for 2021 between the other Societies as well as ANZ, SCG, ATC, Maritime Museum, Sydney Thunder and GWS Giants. We are hopeful these will be reinstated for 2022 and will keep all Members updated.
As we adapt to our ‘new normal’ and follow the COVID Safe guidelines set by NSW Health, I trust that our Members will respect the changes we have had to make in the Members Stand for the 2021 Show to ensure the health and safety of our Members.