Sydney Royal Wine Study Scholarship
The Sydney Royal Wine Show, established in 1826, is one of the most prestigious wine shows in Australia, annually attracting over 2300 entriers from 350 producers across Australia.
The Sydney Royal Wine Committee together with the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW Foundation (RASF), offers two scholarships programs. The Sydney Royal Wine Study Scholarship and the Sydney Royal Wine Assessment Scholarship. These scholarships are funded from the sale of excess stock from the Sydney Royal Wine Show.
Sydney Royal is proud to be the first Wine Show in Australia to commit to this form of support for our industry and we hope this initiative continues to grow and evolve across the Australian wine community.
The Sydney Royal Wine Study Scholarships honour the memory and contribution of Graham Thorp, Chair of the Sydney Royal Wine Committee from 1984 - 1990.
Scholarships of up to $6,000 are available. Scholarship recipients will also be invited to join the RAS family by stewarding at the annual Sydney Royal Wine Show, held in July each year.
There is no limit to the types of courses that qualify for the scholarship however applicants will demonstrate a strong wine industry career pathway through their chosen course of study. This includes a range of certificates, degrees and courses covering skills in agricultural science, horticulture, viticulture, wine education, wine service, lab technology, marketing and journalism.
You could be studying at University, TAFE or a VET course, on campus or by distance learning. Individuals interested in studying courses offered by The Wine & Spirit Education Trust or The Court Master Sommeliers are also invited to apply. Applicants all have one thing in common - a desire to play an active role in the future of the Australian wine industry.
- Open to students applying for, or holding admission to, an accredited tertiary course (College, VET including TAFE, University or Private Provider) with relevance to the Australian Wine Industry.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must be under 30 years of age.
- Applicants should be available to attend the Sydney Royal Wine Show in July 2019.
- Applicants applying to study the Australian Wine Research Institute's Advanced Wine Assessment Course should apply for the 2019 Sydney Royal Wine Assessment Scholarship.
Applications for the 2019 Sydney Royal Wine Study Scholarship are NOW OPEN and will close 31 August 2018.