RAS Foundation Community Kitchen
The Royal Agricultural Society of NSW Foundation (RASF) is giving rural and regional NSW community organisations the chance to win funding and appliances worth more than $20,000 to create a community kitchen.
In 2018 the RASF Community Kitchen Grant will be made up of a $10,000 cash grant to fund benches and cabinetry, along with at least $10,000 worth of state of the art appliances and whitegoods from Euromaid. This includes a gas cooktop, oven, sink, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator and freezer. The appliances are used for cooking demonstrations in the Fresh Food Dome at the Sydney Royal Easter Show and are gifted as part of the Community Kitchen Grant at the close of the Easter Show.
The RAS Foundation invites rural and regional community organisations to apply and tell us how their community would benefit from a new kitchen. The successful applicant needs to demonstrate how a new kitchen will benefit their local community.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Community Centres
- Welfare organisations
- Service Club e.g. CWA/Rotary
- Sporting clubs
- Show societies
Who is not eligible?
- Privately or company owned facilities
There are many community buildings or community facilities in rural and regional towns that could be transformed with a new kitchen, turning them into a more useable and functional facility for the whole community to use for a range of events and activities. It's important to the RAS Foundation that the kitchen will benefit many in the community.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following requirements:
- The planned kitchen and appliances can only be installed into the agreed community owned / public building and cannot be for the benefit of an individual or company. The kitchen must be accessible to the wider community.
- The successful applicant will receive the appliances on packaged wooden palettes. No colours or materials preference can be requested.
- The coordination and cost of freight from Sydney Showground to the recipient community will be the responsibility of the successful applicant. All installation costs are also the responsibility of the successful applicant.
- The donated appliances from Euromaid should be removed from the Sydney Showground directly after the close of the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
- Installation of the kitchen needs to be completed by approximately 30 November 2018, six months after the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
- The successful applicant, or a representative from the community organisation, will be required to attend a presentation event at the annual Sydney Royal Easter Show to accept the kitchen.
Judging and selection
Applications will be judged on merit by a panel of selectors, including representatives from the RASF Board. The application judged to be the most considered, meritorious and achievable will be awarded the kitchen. The selected projects must be implemented through the local community agency or group nominated in the application. The successful applicant is announced in approximately April each year.
If you have any queries about eligibility or any aspect of RASF Community Kitchen grant program, please contact the RAS Foundation on 02 9704 1226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Open Monday, 11 December 2017 and close Sunday, 4 February 2018.