Agriculture and Food in the Classroom for Primary School Teachers
Agriculture and Food in the Classroom for Stage 2 and 3 Educators (AFiC) is a 5.5 hour workshop that provides teachers with content and strategies to facilitate students’ knowledge and understanding about production of a farm product, how these products change through processing and how they are marketed and distributed to the consumer.
This course focuses on facilitating student understanding of how a product travels from farm to table. Focusing on on-farm production, how these products change through processing and how they are both marketed and distributed to the consumer.
• Gain a better understanding of agriculture and how it relates to the new Science & Technology NSW Syllabus
• Build on their knowledge of STEM and Project Based methodologies
• Develop a STEM Project with an agricultural paddock to plate theme
• Examine assessment strategies and the evaluation process of Projects
• Access to up-to-date agricultural resources and contacts
Agriculture and Food in the Classroom for Stage 2 and 3
Educator's workshop will contribute 5 hours and 30 minutes of QTC Registered PD addressing 2.1.2, 2.2.2, 3.2.2, 3.4.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintain Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.