Click here to access information on the Australasian Animal Registry's breeder litter registration and change of ownership procedure.
QLD DOG BREEDER REGULATION
The Queensland Government has introduced new laws to promote responsible dog breeding which came into effect on 26 May 2017 and applies only to dogs born on or after this date.
• The laws apply to all people breeding dogs, including professional, occasional and accidental breeders.
• A person giving away, selling or advertising dogs or puppies must have a supply number, which may be a breeder exemption number if the person is eligible for an exemption.
• Authorised microchip implanters must ensure that the supply number is included in the microchip information that is sent to the Microchip Register.
• There are penalties if a dog or puppy born on or after 26 May 2017 is given away, sold or advertised without a supply number.
• You can check the Queensland Dog Breeder Register to ensure a supply number is valid.
• A Supply number can be obtained by visiting the Queensland Dog Breeder Register.
For further information, visit Biosecurity Queensland or call 13 25 23.